Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Problem with My Cats

Look, I can understand if the litter box is too full for your comfort.  But instead of just laying one down on top of the litter with total disregard for any sort of odor-preventing technique (be it the chemical power of deodorant litter or the physical prowess of simply piling a bunch of sand on top), why don't you do the manly thing and just stick a claw in my leg to tell me something is wrong?  You had no problem this morning sticking a claw in my leg (which still itches, by the way) to let me know that you had not yet been allowed to lick the milk dregs out of my wife's cereal bowl.  I know you can handle that technique.

Instead, you try to stink up the entire bottom floor of the house.  Now, I have to put on my shoes (which are uncomfortably warm to be worn indoors this time of year (warm-worn, that sounds very similar!)) and go into your "cat bathroom," which is the one in which the toilet has been cut off because the flapper leaks, and pour a bunch of litter on top of your steaming produce because I don't feel like actually making the effort of cleaning out your damned box, which I just did three days ago, thank you very much (not that you ever thank me for this service that I have been performing for you on a semi-weekly basis for five years now).

Prepare for  a big dose of limonene in your breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Really? This is your complaint? Let me remind you that Dinger is currently pooping on the floor. He has never in his life covered his poo in the litter box - he runs away as fast as his legs will carry him once the deed is done. And if I were to wait three days to clean out his box, he would die of a ruptured bladder.

    This is a pretty weak complaint, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Having a full litter box being full is nowhere near as bad as having a cat that poops on the floor! I will relay your comment to the complaining cat, and maybe she will be more grateful for her easy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of mine covers poop and another one doesn't. And the one that doesn't gets all pissy if the box isn't pristine (aka I go out of town and don't clean the box for a day) and likes to poop on the floor next to it. Good times.

    ReplyDelete