Thursday, September 16, 2010

Interpret My Star Wars Dream

Last night I had a dream.  There were some friends of mine being held captive by the enemy, who resided in an enormous...building?....on the other side of the valley.  Really, it was like part of the mountain, all the stuff was built right into the ground.  I made my way across the valley to rescue them no problem, and I sneaked inside the establishment.

At this point it became apparent that I was Luke Skywalker, complete with light saber.  It was a yellow light saber like the Luke Skywalker action figure had back in the 70s, except it didn't slide out of my arm.  It had a regular handle and you could turn it on and off.  In my dream, I mean.

Conversing with some nebulous figure, I concocted a plan to sneak into the control room of this mountain fortress and strike off the head of the enemy leader, using my light saber.  This guy was an Emperor-like figure but not the emperor himself.  Looked more like that Tars Taarken dude on the Death Star in Star Wars.  Some name like that anyway.  He didn't look like a big green bug, I don't want to confuse you if you google that name--there's some dude in Star Wars with a name kinda like that but not that.

The plan went well at first.  Using my light saber, I was able to cut open an electrical panel near the control room and screw up the circuits.  Then I posed as a maintenance worker, there to repair the pane.  Ideally, this would give me access to the control room itself at some point.  But when I activated the light saber, I noticed the blade was very weak...watery...translucent.  Just to test it out, I sneaked up behind some random Imperial dude and tried to slice off his head.  The blade passed right through his neck but didn't do anything.  It was nothing more than a light.  No saber quality.

Discouraged and pressed for time, I ran to a bathroom and started taking the light saber apart.  In theory, me being a Jedi, I knew how to build one.  It's one of the skills all Jedi must acquire.  But I unscrewed the top and a spring went sproing!  All these little washers and crap jumped out everywhere all over the bathroom floor.  I couldn't figure out how to put all the pieces together again.  Plus, the power supply was obviously low, which was why my blade was ineffective in the first place.

Interpret that, bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Did I never post my thoughts, or did someone delete them? Anyway. IF I had this dream, I would "know" what it was about - that I don't actually have the skills I'm supposed to have to be a research professor, despite having had all the requisite training. Any chance you feel similarly? Or about being a dad? Or something else?

    ReplyDelete